Tuesday 22 June 2010

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Isn't it funny how we wait and dream and obsess about the upcoming holidays, then when they arrive we realise we really don't have much to do? I mean, I always said school was a waste of time, BUT now I can see the wisdom in my words, it kills off a good part of your day when you'd otherwise be twiddling your thumbs.
Take yesterday for example, I got so bored that when I was doing laps of the house, and passed the oven, I decided I'd give that bad boy a good clean. Nobody told me how disgusting ovens can get! I thought it was just a hot box where you put things, and then took them out again, no harm done. WRONG.
So anyway, after I'd finished, I thought I may as well take advantage of the newly vanilla-fresh oven and bake something. And considering I'd already finished most of the cookies in the pantry on one of my boredom laps, I thought a fresh batch would be just the thing.

I chose this recipe because I am on a quest of sorts to convince my French host family that peanut butter IS the most delicious thing in the world, and that the salty-sweet combination is possibly God's greatest gift to my taste-buds. They just say that its 'so Anglo' but hey, can't blame me for that.

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients-

1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup of creamy peanut butter
½ cup of castor sugar
1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup of rolled oats
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips

Method-

Preheat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.

In a medium sized bowl, place the butter, peanut butter, both the sugars and vanilla extract, then cream on medium speed with a beater for around about 3 minutes or until well combined and creamy.

Add the egg and continue to beat.

Take out the beaters, and sift half of the flour into the wet mixture, stirring with a spoon or getting your hands dirty if that's more your style (its definitely mine). Once the flour is fully incorporated, add the other half with the baking soda and salt and stir/squish to combine.

Add the oats and chocolate chips and again mix until everything looks evenly distributed.


Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and then roll them into ball-ish shapes and place on trays.


Bake for 10 or so minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment